13 March 2020
As you are well aware, the COVID-19 virus outbreak is having serious repercussions on life and business in general. At BMIT Technologies, we are continuously monitoring the situation and taking actions in line with our business continuity plans. Such plans focus on ensuring that we can continue providing you with services, while at the same time safeguarding the health and safety of our and your employees, and of suppliers and partners. We are also aligning all actions to the instructions being issued by the Malta Public Health authorities.
The following is an update on our previous communication:
VISITING A BMIT TECHNOLOGIES DATA CENTRE:
- We are restricting visits to our data centres for emergency situations only, as we need to be informed at least 72 hours prior to calling on-site;
- If a visitor to our datacentres has been to any of the countries listed here, s/he will only be allowed in our data centres only after 14 days of arriving back to Malta, showed no sign of illness and confirmed that s/he has followed the guidelines issued by the local health authorities in terms of quarantine and travelling;
- Prior to be allowed entrance, each visitor will be:
- Required to sign a form declaring that s/he had abided to the above instructions and guidelines;
- Screened by means of thermal non-contact cameras or thermometers. We will only read the temperate, and not record it, and will not allow access if the visitor’s temperature exceeds 370 C. You will also be kindly asked to leave the building. Our suggestion is that you will immediately proceed to contact a medical specialist;
- If, due to an extreme emergency, a visitor is not in a position to notify us at least 72 hours before calling on-site, then we will:
- Still apply the procedure defined above;
- Request that the visit is maintained to the least time possible;
- Request that all appropriate health and safety measures are followed;
- We reserve the right to reject visit requests if in our reasonable opinion, such visit poses a risk to our employees.
We will be limiting physical on-site support to emergency or special circumstances only. Each such request will be approved on a case-by-case only.
Our service desk and remote support capabilities have been strengthened further to be able to extend as much as possible such support. From experience, we believe we should be able to assist in the vast majority of cases through remote means.
BMIT Technologies is closely following the recommendations of local public health authorities and will update above precautionary measures accordingly. We will also continue communicating with you, as the need arises. We greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation throughout this current situation.
Customer Services Manager